skip to main content
Director: Barbie Ward-Thomas
Phone: 906-346-0313

Welcome to our website! My name is Barbie Ward-Thomas and I am the Food Service Director for GACS. I’m a resident of Gwinn and a GHS graduate. I hold 3 formal degrees, all with a business format, and my work experience lies within food service with a strong focus on restaurant, retail and customer service. I truly enjoy my position as the school Food Service Director, as it completes the gambit of positions I have held within the food service industry.
Meet Up and Eat UP
FREE food, friends, and fun! Many fun activities to join while eating a healthy meal. You can stay active while receiving a free meal. Visit, or call 211 or text Food to 877-877 to find a site near you! Click on box to go directly to the website.

Non-Discrimination Statement

about 1 year ago

In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA. Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g. Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.), should contact the Agency (State or local) where they applied for benefits. Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339. Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English. To file a program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, (AD-3027) found online at:, and at any USDA office, or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992. Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by: (1) mail: U.S. Department of Agriculture Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights 1400 Independence Avenue, SW Washington, D.C. 20250-9410; (2) fax: (202) 690-7442; or (3) email: This institution is an equal opportunity provider.